miércoles, 17 de enero de 2007

The pleasure of travel


Well, this is my first English entrance to my blog, and I want to do it in this language because I´m very interested that my friends who live out of my country will read it. I´ll do my best to tell you something that I´ve come thinking.

I´m 20 years old, and in all this time I´ve have the fortune to travel to 2 continents, 16 countries, 76 cities and lots of towns that I could`t count… my closest dream is to know all of the continents, provably in 5 or 6 years… I hope so.

But I do not want to talk about my trips, I want to talk about the people that I´ve known in all of them.

One of my best experiences was my trip to Japan. I went there 2 years ago, for the Intercontinental soccer game between Oporto (Portugal) vs. Once Caldas (Colombia). Japan has, for me, the kindest people on the world, I almost could not believe it, and I suppose that it happened because we were tourists, but I do not think so. The Japanese people has, because their culture, a unique kind of point of view of the world. Even because the second world war, it´s impressive to see how in 60 years they have built one of the most important countries in the world. And for me and the things that I could see was because of their extremely discipline.

I Canada I could know people from more than 20 different countries. I love that country and I love their people and I love it because gave me my 2 nephews. One thing that I have to say is that Canada is extremely different than USA, you can not compare the people, the life style, and I do not want to talk about racism… For me Canada is the country most open minded in the world… there´s no discrimination, wherever you are coming… doesn´t matter. And something that I appreciate to Canada is that introduced me to excellent friends especially from Poland (Aga and Justyna), Korea (Jiwon), Taiwan (Jeff), Chec Republic (Bara), and obviously my teacher… from Italy (Zoe)… she is very particular because she is also a pop star, and the others classmates.

Ecuador has one of my favourite artists, Carlos Guayasamin. Mexico with its spicy food has wonderfull pyramids and . Argentina has the most beauty landscape that I´ve ever seen (Perito Moreno Glacier). Uruguay has long beaches to relax. Peru… fortunately exists Mahupichu. From USA, I love New York, it moves the world and I like go for shopping.

And after to know all of those places, I´m convinced that I live in the best place of the world… Colombia. Now is time that you come and discover Colombia which has one of the 6 most beauties cities on the world (Vanity Fair Magazine), Colombia is one of the ten most exiting places to know on the world (Lonely Planet), and for sure has lovely people, impressive landscapes, wonderful beaches… come.